The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Friday, May 18, 2007

Another Week, Another Post

I've survived another week in the Hellmouth. I'm noticing that I feel increasingly exhausted the more time I spend there. I don't think I'm sleeping very well. Given the abundance of silly Joss Wheedon TV shows I've been watching it amuses me to think that this is becuase of the evil influences. More likely, it's 'cos the beds down there suck.

Either way, I'm gettin' some serious sack-time on my Tempur-Pedic tonight. Those things _spoil_ you.

Great weather in New Orleans today. Spent about half the day Uptown, going back and forth between the new Mona's and SSB's Rue (she wasn't there, so I figure she was exam-ing--good luck!) with (variously) Barbara, Karen, and Heather. Then Karen and I went to the park to meet up with Patrick. This was a great way to spend one of my four days off this month.

Food for thought: When I was in college, I used to do basically the same thing all the time. Strange I didn't realize how much fun I was having. Now I have this weird urge to hunt down a 20-year-old and tell 'im "these are the best days of your life! Enjoy them!"

I'm getting old way too fast. Time to buy a motorcycle.