The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Monday, April 30, 2007

SCHWEEET!

An voice from my misspent youth is once again heard!

Thanks to Al Gore's invention (no, not global warming), The GREASEMAN is now available for your online-streaming listenting pleasure.

For those of you who aren't Yankee John (and, I suspect, SSB), the Grease is an early-morning shock jock who was well-known in the DC area when I was growing up. He is best known for NSFW "bits" such as Sgt Fury (Grease recounts his days in VietNam), Lawman (Grease straps on a badge), Clinton (Grease gets knocked on the head, becomes gay, and has an affair with Clint Eastwood)...and then there's the offensive stuff.

In order to get away with these stories on public radio, Grease created a lexicon of euphemisms (he's arguably the guy who invented the term "hummer").

You know, when I look back over this stuff, it sounds really lame. Just trust me when I say that the Greaseman is funnier than I am.

Anyway, if you want some insight into influences upon my formative years, or just a good laugh, you should check it out.

Don't believe me? Follow this link:
http://www.greaseman.org/

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home