The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Friday, April 06, 2007

Good news, bad news

So the good news is that I had a great time on vacation. Got to see all the Raymonds, from old and funny smelling to brand new (with a surprisingly similar smell)*. Had a great time fishing, drinking, and just plain hanging out. Heather and Jenny bought half of Park Road Books while Yankee John and I told lies at McCrainies (sp), then YJ and I wandered over to Park Road and bought the other half. Jenny made us pizza, which was marvelous, and then we bored everyone with the wedding pics. Ba stopped by to say hi, and a good time was had by all.

Somewhere in there, Heather and I found time to visit Old Salem, which was an early attempt by one branch of the Protestant Church to take over the economy of the Carolinas. It was pretty cool, with gunsmithing, historic houses, a toy museum (don't take the kids), and the bakery where Heather's mom got the Love Feast Buns recipe lo these many years ago. I gained ten pounds.

We also went and saw some really amazing German Shepherds from a kennel she's considering, including one puppy that wasn't available for placement which we seriously considered dognapping. Their next litter may have a pup for us.

The bad news is that when I got back, blogger insisted that I update my account. Now, while I fear change generally, this wouldn't be such a big deal except that the new version of blogger requires a medium-to-high security password as determined by some egghead in an ivory cubicle. My standard password for stuff like this ('cos let's face it, it's not like I really care if somebody hacks my blogger account) is low security. Now I have to remember a whole new password. With more keystrokes. I'm at increased risk for carpal tunnel syndrome, and it's all Microsoft's fault. I hate it when people mess with my system.

* I would feel vaguely guilty about this joke, but John Joseph said it first and Jack's too young to get offended.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home