The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Geriatric Rugby Love

Went to Rugby practice last night. We did the drill where you stand in a circle and pass the ball around to the guy on your right, and after you pass it you run around the circle and get back to your spot before the ball does. This is considered "aerobic", which is an obscure Rugby term that means "makes you want more beer".

So after this pleasant little warm-up, we're jogging around the field and I'm feeling a small amount of pain 'cos I'm fat, and I wind up next to the team captain. He looks at me and says, "Ted, you should stop being so old."

Can you believe the nerve of kids these days?

Then we had tackling drills. Nothin' sez lovin' like burying some poor smartass in the mud.

In further good news, I didn't break open any of my stitches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home