The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Movie Review

It occurs to me that I've been paying a lot of attention to professional sports lately. Theories on the cause of this phenomenon will be expounded over adult beverages at a later time.

For now, in an attempt to return to my roots, I'm going to yammer about a movie.

"Snakes on a Plane" was a triumph of advertising. And I do mean advertising, not marketing, not PR. I went to the video store, gave them $3.75 plus tax, and they gave me EXACTLY what they said they would. Ninety-odd minutes of assorted violence, some gruesome scenes, a rather hot naked chick (well, she was hot until she died--oops, I guess that might be a spoiler), guns, shooting, baseball bats, snakes the size of baseball bats, snakes smaller than baseball bats, snakes larger than baseball bats, Sam Jackson as the gritty, experienced FBI agent with a softer side (for about 30 seconds), some fairly unbelievable technical and scientific details, and a plot that had apparently been genetically designed by Nazi expatriate scientists working in a lab in Brazil to be not one smidgen more involved than it absolutely had to be.

This movie was, in fact, awesome (for a given value of awesome). Ted sez check it out.

***WARNING WARNING WARNING***
DO NOT REPEAT NOT ATTEMPT TO WATCH THIS FILM WHILE SOBER. Trust me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home