The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Deep Thoughts

As I come to the end of my exile in Homeless, Luzianne, I would like to take a moment and reflect on the last two months.

It seems I've made the right career choice. The alternative I dealt with last month SUCKED.

I've broken my lucky streak with one very negative outcome that wasn't my fault, and another less-than-ideal outcome that was totally my fault.

I've experienced the Zen of total immersion in work, with only a blog for a lifeline to society (thanks, y'all).

I've lost ten pounds (and put 5 of 'em back on over Thanksgiving).

I've maxed out the bench press machine at the local gym.

And I've really missed my fiancee'.

But most importantly, I've decided that I do NOT want to live in a little hiccup of a town in the middle of a freakin' swamp. I hate this stupid, tiny, pointless burg and cannot wait to shake its dust from my boots. I look forward to getting back to New Orleans, where the water doesn't taste like someone drank it already, the movie theaterS (plural) show films that require a triple-digit IQ to appreciate, and the cocktail waitresses have teeth. Where else but Homeless could an ugly midget stripper make a living?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home