The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I Might Be A Republican Again...

In a recent poll, 37% of respondents indicated that they'd consider voting for Hillary Clinton for president in 2008. This puts her in the lead as far as Democratic contenders are concerned.

Now, I've been pretty anti-Republican for the entire Bush II: The Sequel administration, but now I think it may be time to start bashing Democrats. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!

Hillary Clinton's major contribution to American life is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, commonly known as HIPAA (she was instrumental in its creation during her term as First Lady). This monster, arguably designed to keep doctors from talking about your health care in crowded elevators (admittedly a bad thing) is responsible for a large part of the costs, paperwork and delays found in hospitals and doctor's offices everywhere (definitely a bad thing). Far from improving portability, it dramatically increases the difficulty in getting medical records transferred from one hospital to another.

Another interesting fact is that HIPAA is only a small part of the "reform" that Clinton intended. I can only imagine how screwed up health care would be in this country if she'd actually gotten what she wanted.

Don't believe me? Follow this link:
http://www.2004dnc.com/2008presidentialelection/

2 Comments:

  • At 15/11/06 22:47 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    I as a democrat am sick and tired of having Hillary shoved down my political throat.
    that's why i'm running for vice president:
    http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-mtah08

     
  • At 17/11/06 23:47 , Blogger Ted said...

    I'll vote for you if you make me Minister of Beer.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home