The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Friday, January 19, 2007

Domestic Tranquility

The Wife (who, it would seem, is NOT to be referred to as "the old lady") is sick. She has acquired the Creeping Crud which seems to be going around (obscure medical fact: there's ALWAYS a Creeping Crud, Bug, or other infection going around). I put her to bed with copious clear fluids, ibuprofen, and a stuffed animal. Then I made her Turkey Pot Pie (or as I like to call it, "The Breakfast Club Special").

Unfortunately, I've never been very good at proportions. Fortunately, we have all these nice new casserole dishes from the wedding. And now they're full of Turkey Pot Pie with Biscuit Topping that You Can Make for Your Girlfriend (as modified from _The Bachelor's Cookbook_, Page 17). Anybody interested in leftovers?

On a related note, in order to get my blood testosterone levels back into the therapeutic range, tonight I'm going to dose The Wife with NyQuil, go shoot something and then hit the strip bars. Who's in?

3 Comments:

  • At 22/1/07 15:13 , Blogger Yankee John said...

    You obviously haven't read your bachelor to husband translation manual yet. When a bachelor says "go shoot something and then hit the strip bars", the Married Man Analog (MMA) is, "I will pour myself a stiff drink and sit quietly, dreaming of my lost youth, and enjoy this moment of serene solitude."

     
  • At 22/1/07 15:14 , Blogger Yankee John said...

    PS - Give your lovely wife a kiss from us and tell her to get better soon.

     
  • At 23/1/07 20:10 , Blogger Ted said...

    Speaking of serene solitude...
    She now has laryngitis.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home