The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Maybe I'll watch the Superbowl after all...

When I went to bed Sunday night, the Saints had once again disappointed the city, (comments about "they've come this far, they're already winners" notwithtanding), the Colts had just received a first-quarter buttwhipping from the Patriots (perennial finalists in the "lamest pro football team ever" contest, and I was plumbing depths of sports-related disgust I didn't know I still posessed. Hell, I didn't even bother to check the final score on the Colts' game until today.

That was a pleasant surprise.

Now, I usually don't much like Indy. They have lots of strikes against them: used to be from Baltimore and left, leaving Maryland stuck with the Ravens; not the Redskins, for whom I grew up rooting; and it's just wrong for a Manning to play for anyone but New Orleans.

But I'll be happy to watch Chicago get their Bear butts kicked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home