The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Saturday, April 21, 2007

...And I'm Spent.

Five twelve-hour days and I'm just a little exhausted. Which is weird, because I didn't do anything (well, hardly anything) over the last week. Mostly I just stood around and relished the fact that I'm no longer quite on the bottom of the learning curve. Oh yeah, and two more of my ex-bosses are arguably working for me now. That's always cool.

In other good news, my morning run is up to just shy of 3 miles in 40 minutes. And I'm at the losing-inches-but-not-pounds stage of fitness, which is weird and vaguely frustrating.

The bad news is that I now understand why paramedics congregate at bars after their hitches end. It's a question of blowing off steam. Witness the fact that it's four a.m. local time and I'm totally wide awake. Can't use the treadmill 'cos it's too loud. Can't study 'cos that's just lame. Can't drink 'cos there's no one to drink with. Can't chat with the wife 'cos she needs her sleep--has class in the morning. Grr. Ted needs faithful sidekick. I wonder what Nate's up to?

3 Comments:

  • At 22/4/07 14:53 , Blogger SSBD said...

    I was up til 6am this morning... you should IM me. Night owl child is often up way too late. early. whatever.

     
  • At 22/4/07 17:44 , Blogger Ted said...

    Hmmm...Using technology to communicate. What an interesting concept.

    Of course, it means I'll have to dust off my AIM account...

     
  • At 23/4/07 21:38 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    That's pretty late to be up. Of course, I was up until three drinking beer and chasing a raccoon around my neighbor's yard.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home