The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Friday, April 27, 2007

Motivation Plz...

My motivation went away. It is very embarassing (leading you to ask: So why are you discussing it in a worldwide public forum? I dunno). I was doing great with the running this month, until a week ago. I had gotten almost all the way up to a 5k in 40 minutes, which is part of my master plan (as follows):

step 1a: run 5 continuous kilometers;
step 1b: run 5k in 30 minutes;
step 2: ??????
step 3: profit

Yes, I know the plan needs work.

Anyway, after a very good run last Friday I lost all my motivation. I didn't get to run Saturday because Cameron was in town and Heather and I wound up spending time with him. Sunday I was just a slug, not even a good excuse. Monday I had to work and it was a pre-planned rest day, so I figured I'd take off and start fresh Tuesday. Tuesday I had class starting at 7:30am and, given Monday's shift didn't end until 11pm, I just wasn't getting up that early. I had planned to run Tuesday night, but I went to take a 30-minute nap first and wound up in deep crash for 12 hours. Wednesday I got caught up in administrative BS and more class stuff, and running just didn't happen. Yesterday was sucked out of me by the Bourgeoisie Vampire a.k.a. television (Joss Wheedon is the enemy of productivity, but that is a tale for another time). All excuses, and therefore feeble.


Today....Today I may just break the chain. If nothing else, the dog is showing severe signs of exercise depletion (being really clingy/noodgy/bad--he tried to eat off the coffee table yesterday).

Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home