The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Iron Man

The "Iron Man" DVD came out the other day, so I spent a fair amount of time watching it with the bass turned way up...Great flick.  There's explosions, hot women in bikinis, just enough character development to keep things moving, and more explosions.

I never got into Iron Man when I was reading comics, but I know enough to know the major players from the book were kept, and that the basic plot is fairly intact, if updated.

After seeing the movie, I want to go out and read the comic.

Now, I can be a fairly harsh movie critic.  I delight in finding continuity errors, plot holes, and any other issues.  So when I say it took me 3 viewings to find ANYTHING wrong with this flick, and then it was a fairly esoteric medical issue, it's really high praise.

It missed a five-star rating on the Joe-Bob scale, but only because of the mandatory one-star deduction for no nudity.  

Four stars.  Ted sez check it out.


3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home