The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Friday, August 29, 2008

Gustav?

When are they going to give up and just start numbering these things?  I mean, really.  At least you can pronounce this one...Georges was just a pain in the frenulum to say.

Anyway, there's an about-to-be-hurricane about-to-be in the Gulf of Mexico.  I got official notification this evening that I should expect to stay in town and ride it out in the EMS response vehicle of my choice.  Extended-family planning session went fairly well, with most folks agreeing that they should leave town.  Current plan is to head northeast.  Anybody want to offer crash space?

2 Comments:

  • At 29/8/08 12:26 , Blogger SSBD said...

    Bringing new meaning to "family planning session" indeed.

    We're headed to Chattanooga today. I can't offer crash space, but if departure around the same time seems likely we'd be happy to caravan.

    Please keep me posted, either way.

     
  • At 30/8/08 04:11 , Blogger Ginger said...

    So, are they heading to T-town? Molly says she's already there and would enjoy the company.

    (Email me back, I don't think to check your blog too often)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home