The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Thursday, August 07, 2008

That was Exhausting

I just finished a run of 15x12 hour days.  That's kind of a lot, causing me to work/sleep/work, leading to no posting.  The good news is that it's over, and I'm enjoying three days off as a reward.  I've spent two of 'em sleeping so far.  There's a "honey-do" list to be attacked tomorrow, but it's not the sort of thing one wants to tackle at 4 a.m.  so I'm updating the blog.

Weight-wise, I fell off the wagon during the last couple of weeks.  Working too much leads to eating garbage.  It's back to lean meats and fresh veggies starting tomorrow.  I'm even going to try to take the dog for a walk...I've been missing my strolls on the levee.

House-wise, the hot tub has been a real boon.  It's an awesome way to relax after working too damned hard.

Speaking of work, I'm over halfway done with the last formal stage of my training.  How scary.  You'd think I'd know something by now.

The Wife is doing well.  She's been kicking butt and chewing bubblegum at work, and bringin' home the bacon as well.  Ahhh, second paycheck....

That's all the news that fits.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home