The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Monday, May 12, 2008

I Can't Weight

The Keep It Simple diet seems to be working for me. This diet is based on 2 main principles:

1) Eat less

2) Move more

Despite some backsliding last week while we were moving, and some more while Adam was in town, I'm down 15 pounds from my starting weight (which means I'm down 33 pounds from my pre-uvuloplasty weight).

The intake portion of the diet is pretty straightforward: Keep the processed carbs and fats to a minimum, eat plenty of foods that are nutritionally dense relative to their calorie content. In other words, I've been living on chicken breasts, fish, vegetables, oatmeal, and hummus for the last month or so. There's a fair amount of variety and plenty of tastiness.

The output portion is even simpler: I try to walk 2 miles a day. I've been weak on that lately due to all the manual labor involved in the move, but I'm going to get back into it, possibly today.

My "goal" is to get under 200 pounds, but I'm really more invested in the process than the goal right now.

8 Comments:

  • At 12/5/08 21:40 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    Yep. I always joke with people that casually say that they want to lose weight to forget they ever heard the name McDonalds (any equivilant will do).

    Even though I'm addicted to Chili-cheese burritos, I try to stay away from fast or prepared foods, and try to cook more at home.

    Good luck. Hopefully we'll eat a lot of fish in September.

     
  • At 15/5/08 11:52 , Blogger Richard Noggin said...

    Diet? Wanting to lose weight? For crying out loud, you're in the Big Easy! 2 weeks from today I'll be there, looking forward to dinner at NOLA, dessert at Antione's, and Friday brunch at the Court of Two Sisters. Not to be outdone by a Friday night blast at Acme Oyster Bar.
    Like Foamy says,"If you're a fat bastard, BE a fat bastard."
    By the way, be careful what you read into the Kaiser's comments. I catch more fish than he does, (even though they're smaller), and I'm also his plumber.

     
  • At 15/5/08 15:29 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    Seawolf's right- all the big fish he catches jump back into the lake.
    He's also right about the plumbing. He taught me a lot, like recently sweated pipe is hot, and you don't even break out the map gas until your fourth beer.

    He's also right about one other thing- he IS a fat bastard.

     
  • At 16/5/08 14:25 , Blogger Ted said...

    The thing is, I'm tired of being a fat bastard. I'm seeing if I like being a skinny bastard.

     
  • At 20/5/08 14:50 , Blogger MomHouston said...

    And the son-in-law looks VERY good with the drop in weight. The house is looking very good even though I dropped a car-load of the wife's junk that has been in storage in my house.
    By the way, the trick to being in a condo with 10 units is...to have brains in the other owners (especially the president and vice-resident)and NOT have the largest natural/un-natural disaster in the history of your city hit.
    Thanks for a great weekend and PLEASE put up some pictures from the wife's graduation.

     
  • At 24/5/08 13:09 , Blogger Ted said...

    just as soon as I can make my camera talk to my computer...

     
  • At 29/5/08 13:33 , Blogger Yankee John said...

    hey blog stagnation boy: I'm back! And now you shall feel my wrath every time 48 hours goes by without a new posting on the mildly amusing, mostly boring existence that you call a life. It's a good thing you married a beautiful Doctor so she can carry your lazy butt the rest of your life.....HA HA HA

     
  • At 30/5/08 14:00 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    Well, you know Yooj, that ole Teddy has the house, the dog, the exercise regimen, and his wife's graduation. There's obviously nothing to write about. Unless of course he's been cheating on us by writing somewhere else.

    If that's the case, then bye-bye your Ted-ness. The Yooj and I can pick up a doctor friend anywhere- Schmuck.

    That's it- it's all about out and out name calling now, and yes, it has taken me 24 years to get out of seventh grade.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home