The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Weighty Issues

A week's worth of road food and minimal exercise during the road trip to NC has left me feeling awful. I consulted with the scale when I got back and really didn't like the results--I've put back almost half of the weight I lost after my surgery. So I've started a pretty strict diet: chicken breast, fish, fresh veggies (green peppers are very tasty right now), and a bowl of oatmeal every morning for breakfast. Snacks are some unsalted nuts or a couple of sticks of celery with hummus. Drinking a lot of water and (unsweetened) iced tea. Basically I'm trying to eat as low-carb, low-fat as possible without sacrificing essential nutrients. I'm also trying to walk two miles a day, which will ramp up over time.

Details as events warrant.

5 Comments:

  • At 8/4/08 20:41 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    You have a two-mile ramp?

    Of course there's nothing like exercise to take or keep the weight off, but I too have taken to chicken and salad at lunch. Dinner also is usually pretty healthy, as my belly doesn't react well to lots of grease(it doesn't mind whities or Indies), so I'm with you there, brother.

     
  • At 8/4/08 23:44 , Blogger Ted said...

    I have hundreds of miles of levees at my disposal, which can serve as ramps.

    Did about 3.5 miles with The Wife and The Dog today. Low-speed, just trying to get the tendons used to the whole repetitive stress thing.

     
  • At 9/4/08 13:49 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    I usually get 2-3 miles a day at work, and now that it's warming up, I'll be getting more exercise outside other than just splitting and cutting wood for fires.

     
  • At 9/4/08 18:10 , Blogger Ted said...

    I wore a pedometer to work for a while, turns out I walk 2.5-3 miles in an 8 hour shift. But it's all stop-and-go, never really gets my heart rate up. The "10,000 steps a day" program definitely hasn't worked in my case.

     
  • At 10/4/08 14:08 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    Well, there is that. At least I get to walk a quarter-mile at a time, or more if I choose.

    Nothing like just getting out and doing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home