The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm Certifiable...

As a paramedic, that is. Yesterday I took the NREMT-P computerized recertification exam. It was surprisingly hard, with lots of esoteric questions about neurotransmitters and acid-base derangements. Still, I got my results today, I passed. Apparently, due to the nature of the test, there is no "score". You either pass or fail. There's some fairly advanced testing theory that I won't try to explain here.

In related news, the testing facility was great, with friendly staff, a lack of distractions, really comfy adjustable chairs, and a positive overall feel. I was WAY more impressed with this facility (Pearson VUE) than with the groady losers at Thompson Prometric. Oh yeah, and I got my results the next day, instead of after two months. That's a definite plus.

2 Comments:

  • At 17/3/08 14:07 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    Congratulations! Doesn't already being a doctor trump being a paramedic, or did you want to do this in order that you could never pass an injured person?

     
  • At 18/3/08 03:30 , Blogger Ted said...

    It's mostly a pride thing. I worked damned hard for that gold patch, and I'm not ready to give it up yet.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home