The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Range Report

All the fuss over on AD's blog made me realize that I haven't been to the range in a little while, so I loaded up to go kill some paper. Before I left, though, I spent a few minutes adjusting my carry rig. I'd been carrying in the small of my back under a loose shirt, but with my recent weight loss that isn't concealing so well, plus it's hard to draw from that position. I tried a few set-ups and realized that I can now conceal acceptably with an outside carry on my hip, which makes for a very easy draw.

In other news, despite being a bit rusty I was still able to make 10-round groups the size of my hand at 20 feet. Room for improvement, but very acceptable shooting for my purposes. I'm a lot tighter on the x-axis than the y-axis (about a factor of 2), which is supposed to happen (or so I understand). The cure for this malady? Practice, of course!

6 Comments:

  • At 16/3/08 05:17 , Blogger Ambulance Driver said...

    Size of your hand at twenty feet?

    Factor in haste and a good case of adrenaline shakes, and that group will expand to basketball sized.

    Which is still plenty good enough, indeed. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

    Dang, it's fun to hit the range and punch a few holes, ain't it? ;)

     
  • At 16/3/08 16:17 , Blogger Ted said...

    Yes, it is fun. Welcome to my blog, AD. Drop by any time. Hell, you're ever in the Big Easy, look me up and we'll do some shooting. First box of ammo's on me.

     
  • At 17/3/08 13:59 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    You might want to watch where you stand, or the first box of ammo will be in you!

     
  • At 17/3/08 13:59 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    You might want to watch where you stand, or the first box of ammo will be in you!

     
  • At 18/3/08 13:57 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    I have no clue why that last comment doubled.

    Ted,
    you gotta come to the Ville so that we can go to Knob Creek gun range and shoot some stuff up!

     
  • At 18/3/08 17:16 , Blogger Ted said...

    It's a deal.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home