The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Friday, July 11, 2008

...We Apologize for the Interruption.

  Things have been a bit busy here at Casa Ted, so I apologize to all my faithful readers who've been starved for news.  Let me explain...No, there is too much.  Let me sum up:

  • spent a bunch of money I don't have (yet) doing urgent repairs to the new house
  • spent slightly more money installing a hot tub (well, the contractor was here anyway)
  • computer died, I'm typing at you from my new macbook (apple products make The Wife happy)
  • got into car accident.  No injuries, cosmetic damage only to other vehicle buy my mighty Trogdor is all busticated...I should get it back from the body shop in about 5 more days.
It's kind of ironic.  Usually I'm doing about 10-15 mph over the speed limit, tailgating, and talking on my cell phone while I drive, and I have no problems.  Right before the accident I was doing the speed limit, maintaining a 2-3 second following distance, not being distracted, and keeping my hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel.  Why is it I only get in trouble when I'm being good?

3 Comments:

  • At 15/7/08 19:53 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    Urgent repairs to a new house? Shouldn't that have been covered in the contract with the previous owner?

    You live in N.O. and you need a hot tub? I could see a hot tub in, maybe, Indiannapolis.

    I'm sorry to hear about your vehicle. Don't ever drive like you're supposed to. That's bad ju-ju.

     
  • At 18/7/08 22:56 , Blogger Ted said...

    In a way, the repairs were covered...the seller knocked rather more off the sale price than the repairs cost.

    Hot tub good. I don't crank the heat up very high, is all. Think very small swimming pool.

     
  • At 20/7/08 23:57 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    Remembering that many others read your ramblings, I will hold my comments until September.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home