The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Stuff

It's hard to believe it's been almost 8 weeks since we bought the new house. Moving is interesting; it always seems like a good idea until you're actually doing it...Like the game hoist/cargo net system I rigged up to lower boxes from my third-floor condo to street level so I wouldn't have to hand-carry 'em down several flights of stairs. Didn't break anything or hurt anyone, but wow it wakes you up to drop a box of fragile stuff off a 3rd floor balcony.

The two main moving days were pretty intense, and thanks to Eric we got a hell of a lot done. Heather and I finished it out over the next couple of weeks, to occasional comments of "you're still moving?" from the locals. I absolutely recommend moving over the course of several days (as opposed to all at once) whenever possible. After we got out of there, I hired a service to come in and clean the place, touch up the paint, and generally make it look super-rad for the sale. It cost about a grand, but the realtor maintains I should get about 10 times that much back.

The old place goes on the market this weekend. I'm guessing it will take about two months to sell, but I really have no idea. Anybody want to buy a condo in N'awlins?

1 Comments:

  • At 9/6/08 15:41 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    Congratulations, and no, I don't. I wouldn't mind living there from November through March, but uh-uh the rest of the year.

    Moving sucks no matter how long it takes to do it...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home