The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Monday, September 29, 2008

Sometimes it Pays to be Absent-Minded

As The Wife and my Kid Sister will tell you, I have a tendency to forget about things, particularly things in the microwave.  I'll put a bowl of oatmeal (or whatever) in to cook while I do something else and completely forget about it for hours or days.

On an unrelated note, today I was reading blogs when I decided I wanted something to drink.  I wandered into the kitchen to find, surprise surprise, a cup of tea waiting for me in the microwave.  It was warm and perfectly steeped and everything.

Wow, the dog is getting well-trained.

3 Comments:

  • At 30/9/08 14:16 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    I thought that you were going to say that you grabbed it thinking it was yours only discover loudly later that you swiped your Mrs.'s tea.
    You came back to it while it was still warm? Your absentmindedness has some good timing!

     
  • At 30/9/08 22:44 , Blogger Yankee John said...

    short term memory loss is a sure sign of um, hello, have we met?

     
  • At 2/10/08 21:53 , Blogger Ted said...

    Now, why is it that I never forget that I've bought beer?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home