The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Friday, September 26, 2008

Georgia on my Mind

I just spent about 10 minutes looking at the CIA Factbook's maps of the Middle East and Eastern Europe.  Given how weak my geography is in that area* it came as kind of a surprise how close Georgia is to Iraq.  This seems to mandate a rethinking of what the best course in Iraq might be, particularly in light of Russia's recent adventurism.

My choice of presidential candidate was wavering a little, given Obama's noted doveishness on the Middle East, but McCain's recent suspension of his campaign is costing him a lot of points in my book.



*high school was a long time ago and the political boundaries have moved a lot since then

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home