The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Happy Democracy Day

The bastards moved my voting location.

For the last lo-these-many years, I've been voting at a local high school.  I drove out there this year to find, well, no voting.  But thanks to the InterWebz and my trusty cellphone I was quickly able to find the address and even a map to my new voting location.  Which was (I'm not kidding) in a senior center under a bridge.  Where I happened to arrive mere seconds after a bus full of blue-hairs.  I my time in line (about 10 minutes) refreshing my memory on the assorted issues, cast my vote for Ron Paul, and walked out into the sunshine.  I was secure in the knowledge that, thanks to the magic of the Electoral College, my vote doesn't mean a damned thing.

And then I found five dollars.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home