The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Saturday, October 27, 2007

What Is This "Smell" You Speak Of?

First full day with at least one working nostril. Makes for some interesting experiences. I became very motivated to air out the camping gear, for one thing. Went to dinner at Zea last night, where The Wife ordered a glass of house red. I could practically TASTE it from across the table. Very strange. Do not ask me about duck empanadas, or shrimp fetuccini.

Today I went to the park, and was accosted by an orange tree. Did y'all know that trees have smells? I didn't. Very strange. The Wife is making dinner, and has let me sample the mashed potatoes. I spent a good five minutes eating one teaspoon--flavors/odors I had literally never experienced before.

I can't WAIT to taste--really taste--some good spicy chili. And Scotch. That may be the plan for tonight, taste Scotch. Wish me luck.

4 Comments:

  • At 28/10/07 01:55 , Blogger Yankee John said...

    That's awesome. So it's really true? You can smell everything? ('cause there are some smells that aren't beautiful)

    How about the breathing? My nares are tiny (odd considering the size of my fingers) and I get less air through them than a coffee stirer. Let me know how the breathing is going. Has you voice changed? The wookie's got higher and more nasally.

     
  • At 29/10/07 15:14 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    I just can't wait until Ted describes the smell of having sex. Yes, Ted, sheep do smell bad.

     
  • At 30/10/07 20:50 , Blogger RugbyGirlMD said...

    HEY!

     
  • At 30/10/07 23:22 , Blogger Ted said...

    Andy, I think you owe the lady an apology. I can tell you for certain that she is not a sheep.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home