The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Friday, October 12, 2007

What a Day

Last night my job held our monthly Peons' Meeting and Group Getting-Yelled-At. It was, all things concerned, rather painless. Tasty chow, free booze*, interesting conversation, discussion of new information relevant to my existence.

After which I had to go to work.

Showing up at the office after all the junior partners have been gone for 4 hours is, well, challenging. A couple of the Senior Mucky-Mucks (two of the more respected Mucky-Mucks at that) were on duty the whole time, but two warm bodies is no match for six (just ask Jenna Jameson). We had our work cut out for us, not to mention that somebody dialed the Stupid Meter up to 11 right before we showed up. Exhausting evening, but we still managed to look good at shift change.

My Cunning Plan (given that the weather here has finally gotten not-so-awful) was to get off work and go to the park for a walk/jog. THAT didn't happen. Instead I went home and sat in the hot tub while I hydrated post-shift. The Wife joined me for pleasant conversation while she had her coffee.

It occurs to me that the conversation we had this morning must have been fairly interesting to a bystander, as she wasn't awake when it started and I wasn't awake when it finished. I've been known to say some fairly amusing stuff when I'm half asleep.


*I did not partake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home