The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Monday, September 17, 2007

Busy Weekend

I worked Saturday night, which was relatively quiet until about 5 am, when all hell broke loose. That meant I went home about 2 hours late, showered, and collapsed into bed.

Only one problem. My Shotokan karate belt test was Sunday at noon. So I slept for about an hour, got up, diluted the blood out of my caffeine system, and went to the test.

Where I passed three consecutive belt tests, compressing about a year's worth of work into 3 months.*

Makes for a pretty impressive feat, if I do say so.

*note that passing two, much less three, belt tests at once is rather rare in this particular style**
**also note that these are all ranks I'd previously achieved in this style, but so long ago I had to re-start. Further, I still haven't caught up to my Tang Soo Do rank, which requires very similar skills. So this wasn't really THAT impressive.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home