The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Monday, September 10, 2007

Still More Cat Abuse

For those few who don't know, Bonsai Kitty is a (rather amusing) hoax website claiming to sell kittens which have been morphed into geometric shapes by the simple expedient of raising them inside small containers.


They used to have some rather interesting pictures (made with Photoshop or some equivalent, I'm told), but apparently they have pussied out*.


The site now consists mostly of text and unaltered pictures of cats.


This bothers me, because it means the PC Thought Police are winning. It looks like these guys are caving in to the animal rights activists who seem to think that suggesting such a thing (even in jest) should be a capital offence.

As for me, I'm against animal cruelty. Ask The Wife to tell you about the debates we've had on crate-training dogs**. But I'm also opposed to censorship...I think there's a reason that the right to free speech is protected by the constitution and the right to throw paint on someone in a fur coat isn't.


So as long as you're not ACTUALLY putting kittens in jars, I'm completely in support of talking about it.




*sorry, I couldn't resist

**a story that is relevant and illustrative on many levels

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home