The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Monday, August 13, 2007

Caution: Former Bachelor in Kitchen

I've been craving chili for a while now, and The Wife won't let me just pick up a can or three from the local supermarket. Something about a botulism scare, I don't know.

So I started with actual ingredients: About a pound of cow; one o' them big jars of tomato paste; some diced tomatoes, peppers, and onions; and some diced garlic.

Not spicy enough. Not even close.

Added a jar of jalapenos and a handful of Cow Bell. Gettin' there.

Dumped in some More Cow Bell. Was informed by The Wife that 1)the paint was coming off the walls and 2) that was enough spice.

The Wife opted out of the Chili Experience, leaving me to eat the whole pot myself, with the aid of a certain amount of rice, french bread, and tobasco sauce. Very tasty.

If you've noticed that your Tums stock has bumped up lately, you're welcome.

3 Comments:

  • At 14/8/07 18:26 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    Freeze it and send me some. I'll send you some of mine when I make it from ingredients from my garden.

    I do love the chili.

    You know when It's real good? when you're eating it hot in front of a wood stove on the back porch in december.

     
  • At 17/8/07 20:45 , Blogger Ted said...

    Sorry man, it got et. I'll put together a new batch the next time we get together.

     
  • At 17/8/07 23:27 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    It's a date.
    sorry Heather. He had me at chili.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home