The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bizarre Illness Story

So I woke up yesterday with a severely runny nose. Not just some sniffles, I mean I was dripping like a faucet all day long. I figured my allergies were acting up, took some sudafed and afrin, and went on with my life.

The bizarre part is that I was also sleep deprived from a recent switch to nights, stiff and sore from working out. So I spent a certain amount of brainpower trying to figure out if what I was feeling was really just a combination of allergies, muscle overuse, and sleep deprivation, or if I had a summer cold.

Actually got a reasonable amount of sleep today, and now I feel fine. No muscle aches, no malaise. Whatever was wrong with my nose cleared up as well. Given the sudden onset and cessation of mucus, I wonder if I didn't get something stuck up there while I was sleeping that cleared spontaneously...I dunno.

5 Comments:

  • At 30/7/07 14:49 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    You're suffering from "toomuchgoingonitis". I suggest that you take a dose of "to hell with it."

    Usually clears everything up.
    The bill will be in the male.

     
  • At 30/7/07 16:57 , Blogger Ted said...

    Thanks. I spent the weekend doing not-a-damned-thing, and now feel much better.

     
  • At 31/7/07 20:48 , Blogger Yankee John said...

    Uh, Andy -

    I don'twant to know anything about any Bill being in any MALE.

    Now that's a bizarre illness.

     
  • At 3/8/07 11:00 , Blogger Ted said...

    I think Andy was just warning me not to look too (ahem) closely into any male strippers. You never know when you might find an invoice, or some other disturbing thing.

    Thank you, Andy, for the pubic--I mean public--service announcement.

     
  • At 3/8/07 21:09 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    Well, as we know, Bill was in Monica.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home