The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Friday, January 18, 2008

Reg-u-lar Sched-ule?

I know what those words mean , but put together they make no sense.

This week I'm working 7am-3pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I was off last weekend, and I will be off this coming weekend. This may not seem like a big deal to most, but I haven't had a schedule like that since about 2004, and even then it was an anomaly.

I'm just not sure what to do with myself.*

My productivity has gone way up--I'm getting a lot of studying done and still maintaining a reasonable amount of Slack Time. I'm managing this by not sleeping much. Apparently, my body has just gotten used to a certain amount of sleep deprivation and will not tolerate sub-therapeutic levels. I've spontaneously switched over to about a 20-hour circadian rhythm, which includes about 4-5 hours of sleep. This is pretty cool, actually, because I'm awake the same amount of time each day, and if I keep it up I'll start getting an extra day every week. Of course, the REM-deprivation psychosis may catch up with me first. I dunno.


*Shut up, Andy. I know what you're thinking.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home