The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Sunday, April 29, 2012

House III: The OutHouse

Tonight's assignment was to take some stuff to the storage facility, because we have too much crap.  I decided that Saturday night at the storage locker might bring with it some sketchy individuals, and I was right.  After I got there I loaded up a cart with all my boxes, and went to load it into the elevator.  Of course, the local guys had left their sofa in there, which slowed down the process.  As I'm trying to load up, I hear them a floor or two up shouting down at me to release the elevator.  I get my stuff on board, the doors close, I start up.  Turns out they're in between me and my destination floor, and when the doors open these two guys start in on me.

And then they see the dog.

Turns out a big, black, German Shepherd* is an effective deterrent to the average local loudmouth.  She didn't even stand up, just looked at them, and all of a sudden we were all best friends.  I went up to the next floor, unloaded my stuff, and they were long gone by the time I got back to the elevators.

Moral of the story: Bring more than just your mouth to a dogfight.

*My puppy is an absolute sweetheart, wouldn't hurt a fly (unless it was covered in peanut butter, then that sucker's in trouble), but I didn't tell these guys that.

2 Comments:

  • At 29/4/12 17:02 , Blogger Richard Noggin said...

    I usually bring a drunken Kaiser. Remind me to tell you the story of the burqua wearing terrorist wannabe we had an altercation with.

     
  • At 1/5/12 13:02 , Blogger Ted said...

    I priced non-drunken Kaisers once. They are very expensive, apparently due to being incredibly rare.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home