The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sick of this Life...

Been pretty damned sick the last couple of days. Without getting overly disgusting with the details, let's just say that I've been feverish and spending a lot of time sitting in the bathroom. The annoying thing is that I haven't been quite sick enough to stay home from work. It tends to be really hard to find a replacement, especially on short notice, so I have to be about unable to stand before I'll skip a shift. So the last couple of days have been fairly miserable. Not sleeping well because of symptoms, then having to go to work. Today I'm off; didn't have to get out of bed until I was damned good and ready. Slept for about 13 hours with only occasional bathroom breaks, had some really bizarre dreams, and my gut seems to be settling down.

4 Comments:

  • At 24/1/12 23:53 , Blogger Richard Noggin said...

    Perhaps you need an injec... Oh, never mind.
    Do I need to make you some Chicken Soup?

     
  • At 26/1/12 19:16 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    Let me write a perscription for you, my good mortician:
    Glass of broth with garlic oil followed by one shot of bourbon, followed by wrapping yourself in a blanket while you watch episodes of Eureka on SyFy. Repeat as neccessary.

     
  • At 12/2/12 08:09 , Blogger Ted said...

    Seawolf: Feeling much better now, how 'bout some chili instead?

    KAI: Can I watch Firefly instead?

     
  • At 15/2/12 23:43 , Blogger Richard Noggin said...

    Come and get it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home