The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Monday, August 31, 2009

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together

Apparently there's going to be an A-Team movie. Release date is set for 2010. Like many of my generation, this show had a lot of impact on my youth (for good or ill). It certainly primed me for "GI Joe".

The question before the house is: who should play what roles?

The major characters (and the actors who played them) were:
John "Hannibal" Smith (George Peppard)
"Howling Mad" Murdock (Dwight Schultz)
B.A. Baracus (Mr. T) and
Templeton "Faceman" Peck (Dirk Benedict)

(not that y'all needed a reminder).

4 Comments:

  • At 31/8/09 21:26 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    Alright, we have Katee Sackhoff as Peck...

    Hannibal- Bill Nighy funny, old enough to pull it off.
    Murdock- I was going to say Simon Pegg, but two Brits?
    B.A.- Jerry Brownlee Sorry, I don't know many large african american actors that could pull off mean-funny.

     
  • At 31/8/09 22:12 , Blogger Richard Noggin said...

    Hannibal--Bruce Campbell

    Murdock--Adam Sandler

    B A--Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

    Peck--Michael Weatherly

     
  • At 1/9/09 18:19 , Blogger Ted said...

    I was thinking:

    Hannibal--Bruce Willis
    Murdock--Steve Buscemi
    BA--Ving Rhames OR Michael Clark Duncan
    Face--Owen Wilson

    But I really dig the idea of Bruce Campbell as Hannibal. Not really familiar with Michael Weatherly. I think I was imagining a more gritty remake, but a little comedy might be a good thing.

     
  • At 1/9/09 23:42 , Blogger RugbyGirlMD said...

    OOOH! I like the idea of Simon Pegg as Murdock!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home