The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Awesome Free-Market Experience

El Oso and I went to best buy the other day, because he had never seen The Big Lebowski.  So I grabbed a copy of the "Big Lebowski 10 Years Special Edition" which is pretty cool, but then I saw this:



Which is, of course, just plain awesome.

Laden with my desired purchases, I went to stand in the check out line.  That's where I spotted one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time:  A cardboard cut-out of Rorshach (from The Watchmen).  So I asked the clerk "how much" and she, predictably, said "that's not for sale".  Knowing that EVERYTHING is for sale, I asked for a manager.  The manager's response to the same question was, "he can have it".  So now I am the proud owner of this:



Hell, I would've shelled out $50 for a collectible like that, and the dude just gave it to me.  Of course, I did have El Oso at my back, and he can be pretty intimidating...

3 Comments:

  • At 31/7/09 01:09 , Blogger Yankee John said...

    cool swag! You bastard!!

    (said w/ awe, respect, and some serious jealousy)

     
  • At 31/7/09 19:20 , Blogger Ted said...

    well, sail on down here. We'll pop in a movie and build a boat. Or something.

     
  • At 8/8/09 06:04 , Blogger Richard Noggin said...

    Can we just get drunk and watch a Bruce Campbell movie? Maybe, if you're feeling frisky we can plan a murder or start a religion.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home