The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Things People Don't Believe

My barber died.  Seriously.  Rumor has it the cause of death was pulmonary embolism.  It's really a shame, she was good people.

The weird thing is, no-one believes me when I mention it.  Everyone thinks it's a joke.  Maybe it's because "my barber died" just sounds too much like the set-up for a joke.  Maybe it's because I have a reputation for weird humor.  I don't know.

5 Comments:

  • At 11/7/09 20:03 , Blogger Richard Noggin said...

    In the Commonwealth of Kentucky a Cosmetologist license is much easier to get than a Barber's license. That's why you see so many Hair Salons and so few Barber Shops.
    I've been told that a Barber is a combination of "hair cutter", Dentist, and EMT which probably dates back the old west of the Civil War days.
    My wife was previously a Cosmetologist before becoming a School Teacher and she respected and revered Barbers.
    Sorry for yours and her family's loss. I suggest looking for a new Barber near Belle Chasse.
    Remember, only a Navy Barber can cut a Flat Top to a Marine's specs. Fantastic Sam's ain't going to get it.

     
  • At 11/7/09 20:07 , Blogger Richard Noggin said...

    Oh yeah, speaking of jokes.

    A baby seal walks into a club.....

    Thank you,

    Good night.

     
  • At 11/7/09 21:05 , Blogger Ted said...

    Not much with the flat top these days. I'm trying out a few different barbers. I have a sneaking suspicion I'll wind up back at Aidan Gill. We shall see.

     
  • At 16/7/09 17:26 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    Maybe your hair is poisonous. Well, the ones that remain, anyway.

     
  • At 20/7/09 16:36 , Blogger Ted said...

    How's your toe, andy?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home