The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I believe...

(stolen without shame from "Bull Durham")

I believe in what I can see, hear, smell, taste, touch, and prove.

I believe in the binomial theorem, the central limit theorem, and the theory of evolution.

I believe that the placebo-controlled, double-blind study is the best tool available for determining how the universe works.

I believe that it is exceedingly difficult to prove a negative (such as the absence of deity).

I believe that the available evidence does not support the existence of an all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful entity.

I believe in Love.

I believe that I don't know it all.

I believe that I'll have another drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home