The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Get Back

I didn't bike to work this week; not because I didn't want to, but because I couldn't. My back went out on Tuesday, which was bad because it happened right after I got to work. 12 hours on my feet, running around, was not pleasant.

I almost had it under control about 4 hours into the shift when I tried to pick something up and the whole thing clamped down again. Fortunately, ice packs and motrin were readily available and it wasn't a very busy shift. I would not like to have to deal with something like that while having a busy night.

After the shift The Wife drove me and the bike* home. I've been getting some extra sleep and driving to work for the last few days. My back is slowly getting better, but as it improves I can do more so there's a constant (manageable) level of pain as my function gradually improves. Plus I get to deal with my co-workers picking on me for wearing an ice pack tied around my waist.

Enough whining. Time to take some Vagisil and get back in the game.



*Should that be "the bike and me"? It just doesn't seem right to put an inanimate object after a person in a list like that.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home