The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Saturday, October 08, 2011

On Exercise and Weight Loss

About a month ago, I started riding my bike to work. I figured it was an easy way to include a workout in my daily routine, plus it's kind of fun. It takes me about a half an hour each way, which, if traffic is really bad, is actually faster than driving (traffic usually isn't that bad).

Along with the bicycling, I have been watching what I eat. Counting calories, making healthy choices, limiting the booze, the whole thing. So the weight should just be falling off, right?

Not so much. No significant weight loss, although my times were getting better and my pants looser. With one thing and another, I fell off the wagon last week and started driving to work again, eating whatever, and not tracking my calories at all.

I lost 4 pounds. And when I got on the bike yesterday, I registered a personal best time.

I just don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home