The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Thursday, January 15, 2009

I'm a Loser, Baby

One of the (presumably) unintended results of Yankee John's decision to offload some cargo was my own realization that I should slim down, too.  If nothing else, I don't think I could stand it if he ever weighed less than me.  So I started a pretty good weight loss plan: walk/run at least 2 out of every 3 days, try to watch what I eat, etc.  So-so results until last month, when work got extremely busy and I was basically living on a continuous IV infusion of Red Bull and the occasional strip of beef jerky (and still running 4-5 days a week).  I got some really impressive results, but, of course, when I stopped being ungodly busy and the caffeine wore off I developed an appetite again.  And all that weight came roaring back.  Very frustrating.

So I decided to combine my New Year's resolution (do something fun with my free time other than sit on the sofa watching M*A*S*H reruns) with my weight loss goals:  I'm training to run in the Crescent City Classic on April 11th.  It's a 10K race (that's 6.2 miles to those of you in the colonies).

So I've been putting in the treadmill time, plotting runs on the levee, trying to convince the dog to behave on a leash so she can run with me, the whole nine yards.  Let's just hope my knees hold out.

And now, since there is nothing more boring than a weight loss blog, I bring you this:

8 Comments:

  • At 16/1/09 03:22 , Blogger MelloYello said...

    I've always thought it was unfair that Summer Glau is always the one who the boys drool over. I think the girl who played the "companion" was much more pretty

     
  • At 16/1/09 15:20 , Blogger Yankee John said...

    The hell with the psycho and the who-(uh, companion). Give me Kaylee, the chick who knows engine parts and isn't afraid to get hot and sweaty while manipulating heavy machinery.

    Too much?

     
  • At 16/1/09 18:09 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    Honestly, I'd take a threesome with the Companion rubbing my arms and back while Kaylee works the crank...
    Besides, Summer Glau needs larger chesticles.

    Who-wha?
    Good job on the decision Ted, and let's hope the knees hold out. I walked around campus yesterday when it was -5 with the wind chill, and my knees were KILLING me.
    It was either that, or my new sales technique.

     
  • At 16/1/09 22:55 , Blogger Richard Noggin said...

    I've got to side with the Yankke on this one. Of course, I'm a bit jaded since long before I had my own sub I was a quartermaster in the engine building division and I was also trained as a machinist's mate.

     
  • At 16/1/09 22:57 , Blogger Richard Noggin said...

    Damn bi-focals! I can't type without looking at the keyboard and I do actually know how to spell Yankee.

     
  • At 19/1/09 02:12 , Blogger MelloYello said...

    you know i'm actually with you boys, i agree that Kaylee would be the better choice but i had a momentary lapse of brain function, as you can see she has been left out of the picture because summer glau is taking up the whole frame...i also like the one other girl in the frame, who kicks ass and takes names...

     
  • At 19/1/09 15:49 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    What about the chick from Our Own Mrs. Reynolds?

     
  • At 26/1/09 15:10 , Blogger KAISER ANDY I said...

    no takers on that one, eh?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home