The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Friday, November 14, 2008

Not Feeling Well Tonight

Went to a little shindig tonight, tasty snacks and free booze, intelligent conversation...and now I just feel like ass.  I'm all jittery and I have a little bit of a headache, which is irritating.  

I wonder what kind of mushrooms those were....

UPDATE:

A good night's sleep and aggressive rehydration later, I'm feeling much better.  Even got up early this morning to put in some treadmill time.  I'm guessing there was some MSG somewhere in last night's dinner.  I get to feeling the same way after cheap Chinese food.


2 Comments:

  • At 16/11/08 03:28 , Blogger Jenny said...

    Might well have been... but in case you were unaware, much of the fast food (or processed restaurant) available has MSG added right in as a regular ingredient. It is more likely to get it from an 'American' source than a Chinese Restaurant. The Asians use it more like salt (it's sprinkled on afterward) and many do not use it at all now, because of the bad press.
    Case in point:
    http://skitch.com/zzwhitejd/52y5/chick-fil-a-menu

     
  • At 17/11/08 05:09 , Blogger Ted said...

    I think the culprit was pickled mushrooms from Sam's Club, which certainly fits.

    OTOH, it may have just been the traditional New Orleans fare that is WAAAY saltier than I'm used to.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home