The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Thursday, September 06, 2018

Mission: Impossible IV movie review (***SPOILERS***)

I saw the new Mission: Impossible movie a little while ago (with Yankee John and Sir Marc).  It was much better than I expected it to be.  I've never been a big M:I fan and I haven't liked most of Tom Cruise's later work, but this was a damn good actioner.  The fight scenes were really well done, and there were some cool plot twists (which one should expect from an M:I movie).  There's a lot of backstory that you really need to have seen the previous films for, but you don't _need_ it to enjoy this movie, particularly if you're just there for the explosions.  The car chases really stand out, and Simon Pegg and Ving Rhames do a great job in the supporting roles.  It has all the 'fu, lots of kaboom, no nudity whatsoever, and the writing is surprisingly good.

Three stars (after an automatic one-star deduction under the Joe Bob Rule).  Ted sez check it out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home