The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Stupid Appliances

I got home last night and found the freezer less than totally frozen. I really didn't think about it, just cranked the knob over to "more colder" and went on with my life. So of course I got up this morning to some freshly-thawed chicken breast.

Well, shit.

Moved everything that can stand it to the deep freeze, froze some water to stick in the fridge, called Sears to repair the damned thing. They're coming tomorrow afternoon. This is EXACTLY what I wanted to do with my day off, let me tell you.

UPDATE: $300 and a new relay switch later, we're back in business. Props to Sears Appliance repair, they were on-time, courteous, and cheaper than a new refrigerator.

1 Comments:

  • At 11/6/10 03:46 , Blogger Richard Noggin said...

    Be prepared. Appliances talk to each other. They are jealous bastards. A dryer dying once cost me a refridgerator and a washer in 2 months. They all conspired while I was on vacation in Destin that year. Gossipy bitches....

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home