The People's Democratic Republic of Insomnia

"It's just laser beams and power chords--there's no plot at all."

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Justice, You Got Served!

Tomorrow I go to court. I was subpoenad in a case, probably related to work, but I'm not sure. The ADA didn't list any contact info on the subpoena, so I had to use my Google-fu to find him. I got some phone numbers, but the DA's office has completely failed to call me back.

What I would have liked is to review the chart, and, ideally, given a deposition before the trial so I could avoid the trial date completely. You see, I have to work tonight, so I'm really not going to be at my best tomorrow morning. Further, I STILL haven't had a chance to look over my notes regarding the case (and I CAN'T, because I have no idea who the victim is).

I'm starting to wonder if they actually want to win this thing.

UPDATE: Traffic was miserable, parking was unexpectedly awesome, guard at the door to the courthouse was a complete tool, his partner was a reasonable human being, it took me forever to find the court because IT WASN'T LABELLED, got some studying done waiting for the case to start, and then the perp plea-bargained out.

I call it a wash.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home